This page has moved to a new address.

lil' inker designs day 2

lime doodle: lil' inker designs day 2

26 February 2013

lil' inker designs day 2

I'm continuing on with Lil' Inker Designs latest release today. Hopefully as part of the hop you've arrived here from Amy's blog. If not pop by and see Laura to start at the beginning so you don't miss anything. 

So today we are highlighting something a little different and totally fun! How about some freestyle type doodle art with a matching die notebook die! I was transported back to my teens when I saw this stamp set LOL and so I thought I'd dress up a little Moleskine notebook as a gift that hopefully would be cool enough for any teen :)





I die cut a notebook page and stamped the matching image in Versafine smoky gray and then stamped the fun star doodle over the top in Versafine onyx black. Then I took a fine paintbrush and wet the end before picking up some colour from an inktense pencil and highlighting some of the swirls and stars


Finally I added a couple of cardstock strips to the Moleskine notebook and clipped my notebook page to it with a little paperclip.

Now it's time to hop on over to Jen's blog for more inspiration :)

I'm having terrible trouble with blogger and comments at the moment. Please keep trying or alternatively drop me an email and I will try and add comments for you. I seem to be finding that if I click on 'comments' I have trouble but if I click on the post title and scroll down to the comments section it looks slightly different and I can comment fine! Blogger grrrrrr! Many thanks for the continued support while I'm having this issue.


 

Supplies: Lil' Inker Designs notebook doodles; Inks - Versafine smoky gray, onyx black; Card - Bazzill card shoppe rainbow; Pencils - Derwent inktense; Twine - Hemptique primary; Die - Lil' Inker Design notebook; Clip - Stampin' Up


Labels:

31 Comments:

At 26 February 2013 at 05:35 , Blogger Alicia Thelin said...

I think the colors are perfect, it really makes this set work for guys too!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 06:28 , Blogger Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh that is so great.

 
At 26 February 2013 at 06:48 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Okay, I think I have to confess to falling for this set pretty hard - and with projects like this it's easy to see why!! Wonderful idea Debby, love the colours and how you can truly create something unique that no-one else would think of!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 08:19 , Blogger Michelle said...

This stamp set is so cool! And I love how you've used it!

Debby, the other person who I have troubles with commenting on also has that little green widget thingy on the bottom corner of their blog. I wonder if the commenting difficulty is related to that? I also find that if I keep reloading the page, my comment eventually can stick!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 12:13 , Blogger Margie said...

I love this-the sketchy look is so much fun!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 12:53 , Blogger Kristie Goulet said...

I love how you used this set!!!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 13:22 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice cover to the notebook...love the colours.

 
At 26 February 2013 at 13:23 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Great project today, Debby. I'm always happy to see ideas for using crafting supplies for gift items. And you manage to make even doodles look CAS! Love your new blog-header, too--goes perfectly with today's post! Fan hugs, C.

 
At 26 February 2013 at 14:19 , Blogger Mary J said...

Such a brilliant card, Debby! Love the blue and green with the kraft too!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 15:32 , Blogger Cassie_lu said...

so totally loving the bright colors and the doodle design

 
At 26 February 2013 at 16:41 , Blogger Geri said...

So many creative ways to use the notebook die! Inspiration abounds at every click of the hop! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us :)

 
At 26 February 2013 at 17:52 , Blogger Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE!! LOVE how you used these new products to dress up the Moleskine notebook!!! Those doodle stamps look like LOTS of FUN!!!!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 17:54 , Blogger Houses Built of Cards said...

So cool! LOVE the color combo and pretty twine!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

 
At 26 February 2013 at 17:57 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Great project! I am loving this new set/die combo!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 17:57 , Blogger Laura said...

This is awesome Debby! I love the colors!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 17:59 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is fantastic! Love it!

 
At 26 February 2013 at 18:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Sup? Hope your problems are fixed soon. I have when I have trouble with LJ. Love your booklet.

 
At 26 February 2013 at 18:59 , Blogger Denise Bryant said...

Fun notebook! I love that die! Great color combo too!
DeniseB

 
At 26 February 2013 at 21:12 , Blogger Shelly said...

Terrific card!! Love these colors together!
Shelly

 
At 26 February 2013 at 22:52 , Blogger SHartl said...

I just love this stamp set...the doodle images are so fun! Really fun card!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 00:19 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Lots of great colouring possibilites with this fun stamp set!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 00:26 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Fun, fun, and love the colours :)

 
At 27 February 2013 at 01:07 , Blogger Sue D said...

Love how you decorated this notebook!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 02:39 , Blogger Loly Borda said...

Cool stamp and I love that die! If I were a teenager I'd love that notebook you made. TFS

 
At 27 February 2013 at 03:06 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Debby, I love the color combo and your light coloring on this! The black bow is so sweet too!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 03:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

So creative!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 03:26 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

I love the colors you used on this notebook Debby! It looks really pretty!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 04:43 , Blogger Sharron said...

Adorable way to decorate your notebook! Love the bright colors with that funky image!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 12:00 , Blogger Bev Karolak said...

Lovely project Debby! Love this set!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 15:03 , Blogger Moosisk said...

Adorable card! I am loving the samples made with this fab stamp set. It's on my "gotta have" list. :D

 
At 5 March 2013 at 11:06 , Blogger maria f. said...

Hey Debby, took your request to heart and had a looksee at your past photos. I'm stopping at this one because I find the degree of "lightness" pleasing on this one. I realize it's not a white card... but maybe you remember how/where you photographed and edited this one. I do think sometimes your photos are too bright to actually see the great detail. Kinda like I have to squint when looking at them if that makes any sense. That being said, I still think too light is better than too dark. Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home