This page has moved to a new address.

pti ribbon techniques

lime doodle: pti ribbon techniques

21 July 2012

pti ribbon techniques

Me again. If my husband and the kids stay out for a while then I may be popping in here a few times during today! Hope that's OK and you don't feel bombarded by posts from me.

Next on the stamp-a-faire schedule - ribbon techniques. I chose to work with Erin's ribbons behind a negative die cut. I guess if you know me this isn't a surprise as I love using the negatives from dies. I layered red and green twill behind the negative from an apple die cut and matched it with Teachers Apple stamps set.




Here's a close up to see that layered ribbon.


I added the button to hide the transition from red to green - straight lines don't suit and apple! The ribbon adds a lovely texture and makes a great change from simple card stock.

Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink teachers apple; Ink - Versafine onyx black; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink pure poppy, ripe avocado; Button - Papertrey Ink simply chartreuse; Twine - The Twinery maraschino

21 Comments:

At 21 July 2012 at 14:11 , Blogger cutiephinphin said...

cute card and love how you did the apple! Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:13 , Blogger Lynn said...

Love it Debby! Keep those posts coming :)

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:24 , Blogger Kara said...

awesome!! this was my favorite ribbon technique!! cant wait to try it!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:39 , Blogger June K said...

So cute.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:44 , Blogger Tracey said...

Ooooh, I love this card!! Awesome!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Just perfect! Love it. Cannot wait to try in the morning:)

 
At 21 July 2012 at 14:46 , Blogger heart said...

Terrific!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 15:10 , Blogger Julie said...

Great card and technique. Love it!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 15:24 , Blogger Erin said...

I LOVE this! The Pure Poppy ribbon looks so sharp. I'm going to pin this now.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Mandy said...

Wow Debby, this looks fabulous. I have just been using my Papertrey Teacher's Apple stamp set, really love the sentiments!

I must try this negative die technique with ribbon, it really does look wonderful.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

xx

 
At 21 July 2012 at 15:37 , Blogger Colleen said...

Wonderful card!! This technique is on my must-try list!!
And keep those posts coming, Debby! Love 'em!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 15:50 , Blogger Wida said...

Outrageously fantastic!

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:07 , Blogger Karey said...

Great way to use the technique.
I am a 1st time visitor.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:43 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

This is wonderful!!! I so love that apple and the little verse too.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:48 , Blogger Lee said...

Gorgeous card.

 
At 21 July 2012 at 18:54 , Blogger Betsy V said...

Simply perfect, Debby! Love the texture the twill gives the apple. Great job!

~Betsy

 
At 21 July 2012 at 19:10 , Blogger Penny said...

The red is perfect with the apple, I love your clean design!


Penny

 
At 22 July 2012 at 05:05 , Blogger Carol said...

That is super cute!!

 
At 22 July 2012 at 05:27 , Blogger Kara Lynne said...

Love the ribbon apple! What a great sentiment - so encouraging.

 
At 22 July 2012 at 16:07 , Blogger Lisa Kind said...

This is fabulous Debby! I love the image you chose for the great ribbon technique! I've actually seen all of your SAF projects for the event and they've also been fabulous! Looks like you've had some fun yesterday! :-)

 
At 23 July 2012 at 14:03 , Blogger Jennifer K said...

This is awesome. I just got this little apple and love it. May have to just case your idea - it's just too cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home