This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 59

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 59

29 June 2012

cas-ual fridays 59


You know what Fridays mean right? Yep it's CAS-ual Fridays time! This week we are challenging you to use two circles in your card (a circle shaped card can act as one circle). Spinning us round and round with this theme is our sponsor The Twinery who are giving away a twine sample pack :)



OK, I have to admit that when I read this challenge I didn't click to the ONLY two circles bit! So here's my card.




I guess the circle die cut counts as one and the button as the second. We'll just ignore the stamped starbursts as by name they are obviously star shaped not at all reminiscent of circles LOL!

Why not check out the rest of the team and see if they were any better at reading instructions than me!

Michele Gross - The Boss 
Christina MacLaren 
Dana Seymour 
Debby Hughes - that's me! 
Gayatri Murani 
Jenny Mullens 
Julie Day 
Karolyn Loncon 
Kimberley Lane 
Laurie Willison 
Lorena Canto 
Lynn Mangan 
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman 
Deb Wabbe 
Lisa Addesa 
Stephanie Washburn 
Suzanne Dahlberg 

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that the layout of this card was inspired by this card by of course the wonderful Cristina :)

Have a great weekend :)

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts single starburst, thank you messages; Inks - Versacolor sand beige, baby blue, Colorbox sweet melon; Card - Papertrey Ink soft stone, Stampin' Up early espresso; Twine - The Twinery shore, flax, cantaloupe; Dies - Papertrey Ink double ended banner, Spellbinders circles

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 29 June 2012 at 06:03 , Blogger Jean said...

I love everything about this card - elements, colors, design. It's a total wow!

 
At 29 June 2012 at 10:38 , Blogger Kim said...

gorgeous card - so effective! Just discovered your blog and loving your creations!
Kim x

 
At 29 June 2012 at 11:10 , Blogger Lynn said...

Love the color combo Debby.

 
At 29 June 2012 at 14:28 , Blogger aaga said...

The shapes and colours are so harmonized with each other, just love it!

 
At 29 June 2012 at 18:19 , Blogger Susan said...

Wow -- I just love the way you've put the card together -- so eye catching!

 
At 29 June 2012 at 20:48 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely - the soft, subtle colours are really elegant!

 
At 30 June 2012 at 13:15 , Blogger Aimes said...

Those who break the rules are the most creative ones, right?! Well that's what I'm going with anyways because your card is FABULOUS! :D
Hugs!
x

 
At 1 July 2012 at 13:19 , Blogger Cristina said...

Outstanding!!!!! Love this one!

 
At 1 July 2012 at 13:23 , Blogger Deb said...

Debby, this is stunning! I see only 2 circles!! Simply gorgeous!

 
At 1 July 2012 at 15:40 , Blogger Cristina said...

Haha! I just saw your ETA, and the funny thing about that is that I had just emailed the link to *your* card to my mom to suggest that she and I CASE it. Nothing like a little mutual inspiration. :)

 
At 1 July 2012 at 20:45 , Blogger Angie Tieman said...

Love, love, love this! The big circle, the images, the colors, swoon!

 
At 2 July 2012 at 17:50 , Blogger Christina said...

Such a sweet little card, Debby. I love the wrapped twine, and the colors remind me of the beach. :)

 
At 5 July 2012 at 08:51 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this card to bits, Debby! How on earth do you manage to make a card that is soft, relaxing and striking at the same time? Just wow!

 
At 19 October 2012 at 06:52 , Blogger Adam Li said...

What a neat and beautiful card you got there. It's so pretty and the twine...aww, you make me smile now. Sweet card.
embryo testing los angeles

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home