This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 84

lime doodle: case study challenge 84

29 March 2012

case study challenge 84

Oh my goodness has another week gone by already? Well it must have because Thursday means CASE study! This is our last week with Laura as our muse and not unsurprisingly I have loved Laura's clean and simple style. Here's her last card for CASE study and boy is this card not just pure fabulous?!


I surprised myself by not taking the negative die cut route with this one, but instead concentrated on the colours of red, black and grey and the flower shape. That got my mind thinking to poppies and here's what I came up with.


Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts designer woodgrain, small striped flower, Papertrey Ink round and round; Ink - Versafine onyx black, Versacolor chateau gray; Die - Lil' Inker Designs flags and tags

I kept the banner going across the card and a flower with a simple sentiment. I stamped and heat embossed the poppy before colouring with my copics and fussy cutting out. Then I curled the petals back and added glossy accents to the centre.

Well that's me for today. I'm off to enjoy what's left of this gorgeous weather! Pop by these lovely ladies for more inspiration and if you get the chance we'd love it if you played along with us this week.

Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Julie Lacey - taking a break
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Teresa Kline

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 29 March 2012 at 05:06 , Blogger kasia c. said...

This is gorgeous! I love that subtle background against the gorgeous POP of colour from the poppy!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 05:11 , Blogger Norma said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Debby!! I also LOVE the pop of color just Gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Norma

 
At 29 March 2012 at 05:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! So stunning and incredibly vibrant!! Love it!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 09:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh. love this!!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 11:05 , Blogger Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful.

 
At 29 March 2012 at 12:25 , Blogger Suzanne Russell said...

Brilliant flower! Such and eye-popping color on the subdued and elegant background. Fabulous in my book. :)

 
At 29 March 2012 at 13:22 , Blogger CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Debby, this is gorgeous! I love the striking contrast and elegance of it!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 15:25 , Blogger Gloria said...

Wow!!!! Just wow!!!! It's stunning.

 
At 29 March 2012 at 16:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

I need to pick my jaw up from the desk- this is stunning

 
At 29 March 2012 at 20:32 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

You ROCKED out another beauty!! :)

 
At 29 March 2012 at 22:30 , Blogger LaurieJ said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous!! The flower has a transparency to it, almost like glass. I love it!

 
At 30 March 2012 at 00:32 , Blogger Cristina said...

Oh my word. Stopped me in my tracks. Stunning.

 
At 2 April 2012 at 02:20 , Blogger Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your flower came out flawless. Blessings!

 
At 3 April 2012 at 01:41 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

Came here to gaze at this card.. So peectly CAS... And then, the monkey above..how wonderful!!! Fabulous cards!!!

 
At 3 April 2012 at 13:57 , Blogger Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card ! I love how the gorgeously colored flower pops out ! Thx for stopping at my Blog FYI Post.

Yes we had a great time in Scotland, we stayed in Gourock, close to Greenock. Wonderful people and scenery ! Cheers, Shirley

 
At 8 April 2012 at 22:16 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home