This page has moved to a new address.

cfc41 let's shell-ebrate

lime doodle: cfc41 let's shell-ebrate

28 February 2012

cfc41 let's shell-ebrate

The "jest for the pun of it" theme for this week's CASual Fridays challenge just fit right in with a stamp set I got recently - Paper Smooches party posse. Such fun images!


Pin It
Supplies: Stamps - Paper Smooches party posse; Inks - Versamark onyx black; Paper - My Mind's Eye follow your heart be amazing; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs flags and tags; Twine - Paper Smooches stamp packaging; Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I really enjoyed colouring this little guy. I'm trying to improve my colouring - working on the highlights and shadows. Often I feel I colour too lightly. Certainly by the time my cards are photographed and on here I feel that I've lost any subtle shading. So I'm trying to emphasise and add more depth. I think I'll try and look up some tutorials tonight :)


Oh and one more thing to love about Paper Smooches stamps; see that sweet bit of twine - Kim wraps each stamp set with a touch of tissue paper and holds it in place with that twine! I don't let anything go to waste!

14 Comments:

At 28 February 2012 at 10:09 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is so cute!! Love that little Paper Smooches turtle and also the way you used him on the card! Very, very nice!!
Hugs, Wendy

 
At 28 February 2012 at 12:42 , Blogger Wendy said...

How cute, the first thing that captured me about your card was the adorable colored turtle. I was really admiring your coloring...so i found it interesting to read that you are trying to imrprove. LOVE your whole card.

 
At 28 February 2012 at 14:33 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

Oh! sooooo cute!! Love this to pieces :) So glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

 
At 28 February 2012 at 15:37 , Blogger Carole said...

Ahh Debby this little fella is adorable!

 
At 28 February 2012 at 18:00 , Blogger Sus said...

Debby,
The coloring of this tuttle is amazing!!!
Love that little guy!!!

 
At 28 February 2012 at 19:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable card and image!

 
At 28 February 2012 at 22:34 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Those Paper Smooches critters are so much fun--just received my first set, Chubby Chums, so I know what you mean about the twine! Is that banner a die from Li'l Inker?

 
At 28 February 2012 at 23:32 , Blogger Deb said...

What an adorable little turtle! Fabulous job coloring, too! Love it!

 
At 29 February 2012 at 00:47 , Blogger Denise@DigiHaven said...

Hi Debby, this is the cutest card!! I just recently found you through Jackie Rockwell's blog and have decided to send you a Liebster Blog Award. I know it's a little bit of a cheat since you have more than 200 followers so if you don't mind, can you drop a couple hundred followers for a week or two? *snicker* Just kidding!

 
At 29 February 2012 at 19:30 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Caroline (canadian_liner), yes that's a Lil' Inker Die from their flags and tags collection. Always like a bit of enabling :)

 
At 1 March 2012 at 03:17 , Blogger Virginia L. said...

Oh my!! How adorable is this, Debby!!!!!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

 
At 1 March 2012 at 14:44 , Blogger Laura Davis said...

Love, love, love this!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

 
At 2 March 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Absolutely adorable! Love it. Congratulations!

 
At 2 March 2012 at 23:18 , Blogger Darnell said...

Congratulations of being a V.I.P. for your cute, cute, cute card!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home