This page has moved to a new address.

Penny Black Guest Designer part 2

lime doodle: Penny Black Guest Designer part 2

1 July 2011

Penny Black Guest Designer part 2

This is my second post as Penny Black Guest Designer. If you missed my first post you can check it out here.

So for my second post I thought I'd head to the more whimsical and fun stamps that Penny Black produce. I couldn't resist this little girl! I used Copic markers to colour her face and scarf and then paper pieced the flower and dress from Penny Black cardstock trios.


 I stamped her dress with a little flower from the Touch of Whimsy set, adding dimensional paint to the flower centres.


I couldn't do a Penny Black set without using one of their little hedgehogs! I love this cutie - it looks as if he's running to the birthday party!


 I kept this card simple and used Copics to colour the little guy and his balloon. The sentiment is part of one which I masked off the lower part. Then I dressed up the white space a bit with a banner cut from more of the cardstock trios. I love how rich the colours are with these trios and they are white on the back so great for using as a card base too.



Well that's the last of my Penny Black Guest Designer projects. I hope you've enjoyed seeing them. I had a ball and want to thank Jenyfur and Penny Black again for asking me along.

Debby


Supplies:

Happy birthday card:
· Penny Black 4152K peppermint polly
· Penny Black 30-013 critter party (sentiment)
· Penny Black 30-073 touch of whimsy (flower on dress)
· Penny Black cardstock trio #05 fern green, #09 blue lagoon
· Versafine onyx black
· Versafine Spanish moss
· Clear embossing powder
· Copics – YR000, R20, R22, R24, R29
· Dimensional paint
· Border punch

It’s your birthday card:
· Penny Black 30-070 paint the town
· Penny Black cardstock trios #05 fern green, #09 blue lagoon
· Memento tuxedo black
· Copics – 0, T0, T1, R20, R22, R24, R29
· Papertrey Ink banner builder collection
· Divine twine

10 Comments:

At 1 July 2011 at 11:57 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Adorable cards Debbie! So so cute!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 15:02 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these! Great colors and layouts. And I agree, the little hedgehog is too cute!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 15:26 , Blogger jayne said...

Great cards - love the little girl stamp!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 15:53 , Blogger Keva said...

Oh, these are so cute, Debby! I ADORE that little girl image. How sweet is she?

 
At 2 July 2011 at 01:51 , Blogger Elena said...

so, so cute! That first card had me gasping with delight. Seriously :)

 
At 2 July 2011 at 13:12 , Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Debby, I just found your blog through The Play Date Cafe and I love your style and your cards. The simplicity is so elegant and the whimsy adorable, I'm definitely a new follower, thanks for sharing and congrat's for being a guest designer and Penny Black (now I'm off to check them out).

 
At 2 July 2011 at 14:58 , Blogger Aimes said...

I've been a bit AWOL recently so missed this fab news - HUGE congrats on the Penny Black guest spot AND the Play Date Cafe spot too!
I dunno, I turn my back for a couple of days and you're on course for world-stampy-domination! LOL!
Love your work as always (and it's lovely to 'see' you too - not that I didn't love that li'l lime!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 5 July 2011 at 00:26 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Debby, I love your clean and simple designs! They're always so striking with your great color choices!

 
At 5 July 2011 at 01:04 , Blogger Jill said...

LOVED seeing your cards on the PB blog- you have an incredible style. Would really like to get in touch with you via email but don't see the link here on your blog... HUGS! jillianfoster82 at hotmail dot com

 
At 7 July 2011 at 15:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

amazing, just simply amazing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home