This page has moved to a new address.

For Your Inspiration #10

lime doodle: For Your Inspiration #10

21 July 2011

For Your Inspiration #10

Well hello there! This is my second post for today, so please scroll down to see my CASE study challenge post.

For Your Inspiration #10 is up today and here's the gorgeous photo.



Now who wouldn't be inspired by those fabulous, rich colours! I was also inspired by the steps so scored my cream panel in the lower third and then added a vellum flower coloured with a mixture of barn door distress ink and pumpkin pie ink.


The stem was coloured with peeled paint distress ink. I love how distress inks give such vibrant colour on vellum. To increase the intensity of the colour I painted on the front and back of the image and then curled the petals around a paint brush handle to give them dimension. A strip of terracotta tile card grounded the image and was a good lead from the sentiment.


Please pop by the other designers to see more fabulous inspiration:



Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - Penny Black cheerful 4160K, Papertrey Ink mat stack 4
Inks - Stazon, Ranger distress inks barn door & peeled paint, Stampin' Up pumpkin pie, early espresso
Card - Papertrey Ink terracotta tile, rustic white, Stampin' Up old olive
Button
Twine
Adhesive pearls



Labels:

20 Comments:

At 21 July 2011 at 07:25 , Blogger Marion said...

Wow Debby! Beautiful! I have never thought to use distress inks on vellum! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 07:41 , Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, Debby! That is just beautiful! I think I'll "pin" this one for future inspiration, it really appeals to me in so many ways. :-)
Michelle.

 
At 21 July 2011 at 08:28 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning!!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 12:25 , Blogger Kara said...

gorgeous coloring on vellum..love it!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 12:49 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

**wow** Fabulous use of the vellum...you've inspired me! Your card simply POPs!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 13:15 , Blogger Lindsay said...

OMG! How do you do it? Your CAS is sooo perfect Debbie! Ack! I adore this card!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 13:59 , Blogger Keva said...

This is gorgeous. I love the way the color looks on the vellum..very soft. Great card, debby!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 14:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

this is so beautiful- I have got to think of my score board for more than just scoring a fold!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 15:37 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

Sigh...this card is PERFECTION! I love everything about it Debby. Great idea to add scoring for the steps. Your flower is divine!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 15:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! this is breathtaking!!! so gorgeous!!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 16:37 , Blogger Marisa said...

I just love your work :) This card is gorgeous with all that white space and the pop of red. I would have never guessed it was a vellum flower. Wonderfully done!!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 17:53 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Debby, this is absolutely stunning!! I just love your interpretation of the photo! The scoring...the vellum flower...it all pops on the white BG!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 17:57 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Oh wow Debby! This is gorgeous!! So pretty colored on the vellum!! LOVE it!!

 
At 21 July 2011 at 19:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 23 July 2011 at 03:46 , Blogger Tui Nathan said...

Stunning ... love the vellum flower - the colours are so deep and vibrant, love it....

 
At 23 July 2011 at 04:41 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Oh don't you just LOVE distress inks?? This is breathtakingly beautiful Debby! So much fun done with vellum!

 
At 23 July 2011 at 16:20 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

What a lovely photo and even lovlier card! That red flower is striking! I love how delicate it is, made with the vellum...such a soft feel, yet delivers major impact! Fabulous!

 
At 24 July 2011 at 22:03 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

That flower is STUNNING! ;) I love it.

 
At 25 July 2011 at 08:01 , Blogger Sue said...

Awesome tribute to the inspiration photo!! I love the dramatic colours in the flowers against the white background! :)

 
At 25 July 2011 at 17:30 , Blogger Laura Pryor said...

Absolutely breathtaking my dear!! WOWZA!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home