This page has moved to a new address.

CASE study challenge #48

lime doodle: CASE study challenge #48

14 July 2011

CASE study challenge #48

This is my first project as part of the CASE study design team! Now not only was I delighted to take on the DT spot but I was also thrilled to see that for July the muse is Dawn Woleslagle from Wplus9. I love Dawn's style and here is a classic example - our inspiration for this weeks challenge #48.


And here is my card.



From Dawn's inspiration picture I took the kraft and white combination with a sentiment panel and embellishment set to the right. Hopefully you can see where I was coming from.

Now I enjoyed making this card so much that I carried on and made another!


Again I used the kraft and white combination and sentiment panel; this time on vellum. I glittered some of the little fish. Perhaps you can see it better here.


I'm thinking of using this one for my daughter's birthday. She loves the outdoors and recently has taken a fancy to fishing. She will be 11 and my only thought is whether this is cutesy enough for an 11 year old. She's quite mature for her age and with a good eye for things however I'm not sure. Do you find that - making cards for your nearest and dearest is always harder as you agonise over all the details!

Please pop by and see the amazing work of the other CASE study DT members.

Amy
Andrea
Cristina
Jean
Julie
Sue
Teneale

Debby

Supplies:

Thanks For Everything:
  • Stamps - Wplus9 mehndi medallions
  • Inks - Versamark, SU early espresso
  • Card - PTI kraft, rustic white
  • Flower - Prima
  • White embossing powder
 Happy Birthday:
  • Stamps - PTI pond life, botanical silhouettes
  • Inks - Stazon, Colorbox moss green, robin's egg, Martha Stewart meyer lemon
  • Card - PTI kraft, vellum
  • Buttons - The Ribbon Girl
  • Divine twine
  • Prisma glitter

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 14 July 2011 at 12:14 , Blogger Andrea Ewen said...

Two magnificent cards, Debby...you've come on board with a bang! Love your CAS style, the details you use always have such a wonderful impact on the design of your cards. I adore the first card, with it's beautiful border trim and the second is so cheery and fun with those adorable fish! Great job on both...I knew you'd make a "splash"!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 12:15 , Blogger Amber said...

Congrats on your new gig!!! You are going to do a FAB job...as you always do. They made a great decision by adding you to the team. You cards are always wonderful!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 12:48 , Blogger Lindsay said...

These two cards are perfection Debby! You always have a great eye for design and know just what to add! Congrats again!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 14:58 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yay, one more inspired card! Both are amazing, and that's why I chose you, I'm constantly in awe of what you can do with "white" space...

 
At 14 July 2011 at 15:17 , Blogger Sarah said...

I just love the fish, Debby. The vellum is the perfect touch.

 
At 14 July 2011 at 15:56 , Blogger Kara said...

in love with your fishy card!!!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 16:23 , Blogger Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one - CAS elegance!!!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 16:33 , Blogger Sharron said...

OMG, these are just awesome! Love the classy look of the first one with the lace and beautifully colored flower. And the fish card is so creative--love how you used the fish under the vellum!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 19:00 , Blogger Ginny said...

I have been a fan of your work for a while. You are very talented!! Both of these cards are gorgeous. I loooove your style. So glad you are on the design team now! Will look forward to more of your designs.

 
At 14 July 2011 at 19:35 , Blogger iriseyes said...

2 gorgeous card, Debby. Can you tell what die/punch is on the "Thanks" card, or is it lace? Thanks for the beautiful CAS inspiration!

 
At 14 July 2011 at 20:12 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi iriseyes, it is a stamp on the "Thanks" card - a beautiful border from the Wplus9 mehndi medallions set. I think it is my favourite stamp from that set and inks up wonderfully. Hope that helps.

 
At 15 July 2011 at 19:37 , Blogger Cristina said...

Oooh, baby! It's going to be so much fun having you on the team!!! Congratulations!

 
At 16 July 2011 at 20:14 , Blogger StephC said...

Gorgeous, as always! I LOVE the CASE study blog and am thrilled that you have joined their DT! So very deserving Debby! :)

 
At 16 July 2011 at 20:23 , Blogger Julie said...

Simply stunning card!! Welcome to the team!

 
At 17 July 2011 at 00:34 , Blogger Ann said...

Beautiful cards - both of them are so elegant. I love those little fishes stamps and use them often. Your colours are so original too and who would think buttons would go with fishes - but they most certainly do!

 
At 17 July 2011 at 03:54 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

This is adorable and I LOVE when you use those buttons!! Cute, cute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home