This page has moved to a new address.

Penny Black Guest Designer

lime doodle: Penny Black Guest Designer

24 June 2011

Penny Black Guest Designer

I was delighted when the lovely Jenyfur from Penny Black asked me to Guest Design on their blog for the next two weeks. Of course I said yes!

So here is the first installment of my Penny Black projects. Keeping to my clean and simple style roots. I chose a lovely stem image which reminds me of cow parsley here in the UK. I highlighted the delicate little flowers with glitter and then paired the cow parsley with a friendship sentiment and mounted it all on a piece of rich green from a set of Penny Black cardstock trios.


I made a little gift card holder to match, masking off part of the sentiment and tying it all together with some ribbon and twine.


The cow parsley image is so fine and delicate and stamps beautifully and the glittery blooms are so sweet.


I added a piece of polka dot paper to the inside of the gift card holder to tie in the red colour.


This next card is my favourite of the bunch. I stamped the flower image with Versamark on to vellum and white embossed it before colouring it with distress inks. This is my first time trying this technique and I loved how rich and vibrant the colours are.


I loosely attached the flower to a white panel double mounted onto more of that lovely rich and vibrant green cardstock trio. Wrapped some twine and added a little sentiment tag.


I'd like to thank both Jenyfur and Penny Black for the opportunity to Guest Design on the Penny Black Blog. Watch out for my post next week with more Penny Black projects.

Debby
Supplies:

Friendship card and gift card holder:
·         Penny Black 4176H friendship
·         Penny Black 30-073 touch of whimsy
·         Penny Black cardstock trio #05 fern green
·         Versafine Spanish moss
·         Versafine habanero
·         Versafine onyx black
·         Papertrey Ink mat stack 4 die
·         Papertrey Ink seed packet die
·         Papertrey Ink pure poppy ribbon
·         Divine twine
·         Prisma glitter
·         Adhesive stones

Hello card:
·         Penny Black 4160K cheerful
·         Penny Black brush stroke alphabet lower case and punctuation
·         Penny Black cardstock trio #05 fern green
·         Versamark Ink
·         White embossing powder
·         Papertrey Ink vellum
·         Distress Inks – peeled paint, barn door
·         Prisma glitter
·         Spellbinders label 14 die
·         Stampin Up twine

11 Comments:

At 24 June 2011 at 14:54 , Blogger Cathy P in AZ said...

Debby these are absolutely beautiful! Congrats on the PB guest spot!

 
At 24 June 2011 at 15:24 , Blogger Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So pretty! Love the ensemble, Debby!

 
At 25 June 2011 at 11:57 , Blogger Carla G. said...

I love your color combinations....the designs are really eye popping! You did a great job!

 
At 25 June 2011 at 14:38 , Blogger Kathy said...

Love your style and the color combos that you use. So happy that you were featured on the PB blog.

 
At 25 June 2011 at 18:11 , Blogger Peet said...

Such beautiful creations, Debbie! Love them!!

 
At 26 June 2011 at 02:30 , Blogger Jen W. said...

These are both gorgeous but I especially love how the flower on the second card pops!

 
At 27 June 2011 at 13:45 , Blogger Keva said...

I could have sworn I commented on this post last week when I saw it! Ugh!!

Anyway, I love both cards, Debby. The images are so beautiful.

 
At 28 June 2011 at 00:50 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats on your guest DT at PB! I love your CAS style and especially adore the vellum flower...gorgeous!!

 
At 29 June 2011 at 18:45 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Lovely work as always Debbie! You really showcased the stamps well!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 15:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I especially love the little gift card holder.

 
At 5 July 2011 at 04:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I mostly lurk, but I am a tremendous fan! TFS!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home