This page has moved to a new address.

An experiment

lime doodle: An experiment

13 December 2010

An experiment

An experiment in whether I need another stamp set. I guess most of you know the answer to that - I don't need another set, but ..... Anyway, I like the new PTI set by Melissa Bickford called Make A Wish. However, I wondered if I could make up a similar card to this one by Melissa with the sets I already own.



So here's my attempt. I used a bracket from Take Note, part of the dotted line from Merry Little Christmas and an ornate stamp from WMS Holiday Labels No.14 to make my stand for the present to sit on. I used square Nesties to cut a present and added a button and some sparkle.



I much prefer Melissa's card design and also the new stamp set and dies do a better job than my attempts too. So, my conclusion - I really do NEED that new set!

Debby x

12 Comments:

At 13 December 2010 at 12:01 , Blogger Sue Ann said...

You are too funny. I will say you gave it the old college try and did a FABBY job with this card. I am trying to figure out if I need it too. I have a cricut and can cut all these shapes but the felt is what does me in EVERY TIME!!!

 
At 13 December 2010 at 12:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your card, and you were amazingly creative in finding all those elements. That's one thing I love about PTI, so many elements fit together in unexpected ways. Too funny: I had the same thoughts as you did, but didn't get around to trying it out, as I decided I did need the stamp set before I even tried.

 
At 13 December 2010 at 17:07 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

What a very creative mind you have! I love how you thought outside the box and came up with a perfect CASE of Melissa's card! Beautiful job of combining sets to do this!

 
At 13 December 2010 at 19:03 , Blogger Deborah Frings said...

Hi Debby - Love your card, and I understand entirely that you NEED that set!

Please drop by my blog - I've an award for you.

Regards, Deborah x

 
At 13 December 2010 at 21:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I thought exactly the same, that I could achieve similar results with the sets I already own!! Love your result! Thing is, I wish they sold the dies appart... love the bows ones, but don't really need the square ones...

 
At 14 December 2010 at 00:48 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

Well, you did a great job with a "look like"! I love how inventive you got by combining the different stamp sets to make your card! Very cute!

 
At 14 December 2010 at 02:09 , Blogger Gayatri said...

Clever you! I did think the same thing too! So I am not alone :) You have done a wonderful job. Love your card. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 14 December 2010 at 02:24 , Blogger BethieJ said...

Debby this turned out REALLY CUTE!! What a FUN idea!!!
Happy Holidays!

 
At 14 December 2010 at 03:24 , Blogger DF said...

I was trying to do this in my head too! Except I was thinking of Betsy's tiered cake! And, I am still debating too. :) Great job, it's a beautiful card!

 
At 14 December 2010 at 19:50 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow! Aren't you just so clever to use all of those stamps to create a cake stand! I love your ingenuity! Very pretty!

 
At 18 December 2010 at 14:13 , Blogger Kara said...

i think your experiment worked out great!

 
At 30 December 2010 at 22:16 , Blogger Keva said...

Gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home