This page has moved to a new address.

Getting started

lime doodle: Getting started

16 September 2010

Getting started

Yes I am slowly getting started on the Christmas cards. I know it's only September, but when you have a lot to make it is easier to do a little often, as my mother would say. I used the jolly holly greetings challenge on Moxie Fab to give me the push I needed. Added in the delicious colours from colour throwdown #110 and away I went. I started off using the sketch from SFYTT 09.11.10, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't skew the strips of paper on the left! Still I think the final design does reflect the original sketch.



I often try embossing inks with clear powder straight after stamping and I'm pleased to say you can do this with the American Crafts inks. The embossing gives the stamping a lovely shine. In addition, I tried a new technique, that I'd read somewhere, about sprinkling glitter on to the hot embossing powder before heating again. The glittery touch is subtle but oh so pretty.






Supplies:

Stamps - Hero Arts antique brocade, PTI signature greetings
Card - Bazzill, PTI sweet blush, Craftwork Cards silver
Ink - American Crafts blush, Versafine onyx black
Clear embossing powder
Glitter
Dies - Spellbinders create a flake 1, ovals, PTI scallop die
Paper - PTI 2008 bitty dots basic

Debby

10 Comments:

At 16 September 2010 at 13:11 , Blogger Broni said...

Beautiful card! I love that you made a Christmas card too! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

 
At 16 September 2010 at 15:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great card! I love how you used the HA background. Very pretty design!

 
At 16 September 2010 at 16:49 , Blogger Keva said...

I love the colors..really pretty layout, also!

 
At 16 September 2010 at 18:19 , Blogger Aimes said...

Eeek! I just can't even think of Christmas yet LOL! I'll be making mine on Dec 20th! But I'll definitely be using your examples for inspiration *wink*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 16 September 2010 at 19:05 , Blogger Laurie said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 17 September 2010 at 12:11 , Blogger LeAnne said...

I've been making a Christmas card a week for the whole year! You are smart to start early and this is so pretty, I wouldn't want to send it away! I want to run right out and buy that brocade stamp, it is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us this week!

 
At 19 September 2010 at 17:13 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

You are rockin' these cards lately! Beautiful card Debby!

 
At 20 September 2010 at 21:07 , Blogger Betsy V said...

Hi Debby! Your card is gorgeous! I love the unusual pink/burgundy color combo for the holidays! Thanks for playing along with the MFW challenge!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman

 
At 21 September 2010 at 06:25 , Blogger Sue Lelli said...

I think this is brilliant! LOVE the design and the snowflake! Just BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 12 October 2010 at 16:14 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home